New free school for Teddington and Twickenham
By adam_leone | Thursday, November 08, 2012, 16:28
Parents across Teddington and Twickenham are being asked what they think of a new free school in Teddington and Twickenham.
150 primary school places need to be filled by 2014, with the free school hoping to cater for 90 pupils a year.
International English Schools UK (IES UK) say they will offer:
- High expectations – we expect all children to master aspirational targets at the end of reception,
- Key stage one and key stage two,
- Inclusive – non-selective, non-denominational, open to children of all abilities and backgrounds
- Outstanding teachers – highly skilled, professionals who nurture as well as educate,
- Specialist English, Maths, Music and Languages teaching from year two – to develop, conceptual
understanding, basic skills and knowledge,
- Rigorous literacy and numeracy focus, every child reading at their chronological age or above,
- Extended day – catch up for those falling behind, acceleration for the exceptionally gifted,
- Enrichment activities –after school clubs every day, summer schools, day and residential trips,
- Mentoring, fortnightly one to one mentoring for each child in years 5 and 6,
- Affordable childcare – from 4.30pm till 6pm every day,
IES UK, will be making a presentation to parents and the local community on the 14th of November at 7.30pm in the Hall at New Malden Library, Kingston Road, New Malden, Surrey KT3 3LY.