Chestnut Sunday to be held this weekend
By Teddington People | Wednesday, May 07, 2014, 15:51
This year's Bushy Park Chestnut Sunday parade starts at 12:30pm on 11 May on Chestnut Avenue at the Teddington Gate, leading to the grass area in front of the childrens' playground.
Attractions will include:
• A traditional fairground carousel & other rides and stalls
• Arena displays, showing historical military re-enactments and riding displays
• Live music from the 50s and 60s
• Historical re-enactments of battles from the Ancient Greeks and Vikings, English Civil War, WW1 though to the Gulf War
• A military vehicle camp and stationary vehicle display reflecting Bushy Park's wartime history
• Classic cars, motorcycles and cycles
• Stalls with representatives from a number of local leisure groups and charities
Chestnut Avenue will be closed to through traffic from 12.15pm to 1.30pm on the day in order to allow the parade. The car parks will also be closed to entry and exit during this period.
Chestnut Avenue is usually closed to traffic from 12.15pm to 1.30pm & car parks will also be closed to entry and exit during this period.